Crunchyroll has announced the winners of the fifth annual Anime Awards, as decided by 15 million global votes from fans across 18 categories.
Fantasy horror action series JUJUTSU KAISEN took the prize as Anime of the Year, along with Best Ending Sequence and Best Antagonist for Ryomen Sukuna. Other highlights include Best Fight Scene and Best VA Performance for My Hero Academia‘s Season 4 and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! for Best Animation.
The full-list of awards includes:
- Anime of the Year – JUJUTSU KAISEN
- Best Animation – Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
- Best Fantasy – Re:ZERO – Starting Life In Another World (Season 2)
- Best Drama – Fruits Basket (Season 2)
- Best Comedy – Kaguya-sama: Love Is War?
- Best Girl – Kaguya Shinomiya, Kaguya-sama: Love Is War?
- Best Boy – Shoyo Hinata, HAIKYU!! TO THE TOP
- Best Protagonist – Catarina Claes, My Next Life As A Villainess: All Routes Lead To Doom!
- Best Antagonist – Ryomen Sukuna, JUJUTSU KAISEN
- Best Fight Scene – Deku Vs. Overhaul, My Hero Academia (Season 4)
- Best Score – Kevin Penkin, Tower Of God
- Best Director – Masaaki Yuasa, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!
- Best Character Design – Mayuka Ito, Original Designs By Aidairo, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
- Best Couple – Nasa Yuzaki & Tsukasa Yuzaki, TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You
- Best VA Performance (JP) – Yusuke Kobayashi As Natsuki Subaru, Re:ZERO -Starting Life In Another World (Season 2)
- Best VA Performance (EN) – Zeno Robinson As Hawks, My Hero Academia (Season 4)
- Best Opening Sequence (OP) – Wild Side (ALI), BEASTARS
- Best Ending Sequence (ED) – LOST IN PARADISE (ALI feat. AKLO), JUJUTSU KAISEN
During the virtual awards show, Crunchyroll also announced the arrival of five new titles coming to its platform with new trailers: Tokyo Revengers, ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE, I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years, JORAN THE PRINCESS OF SNOW AND BLOOD and ODDTAXI.
Crunchyroll also announced this month that Idris Elba and his wife Sabrina will be developing a brand new anime for the platform titled Dantai.